Scenario Based Interview Questions for Salesforce Developers with answers
- Through Sales force Import wizard how many records we can import?
Using Import wizard, we can upload up to 50000 records.
- Import wizard will support for which Objects?
Only Accounts, Contacts and custom object’s data can be imported. If we want to import other objects like Opportunities and other object’s data, then we need to go for Apex Data Loader.
- What is app exchange?
The developed custom applications can be uploaded into the app exchange so that the other person can share the applicaition.
- What is a VLOOKUP in S.F?
VLOOKUP is actually a function in sales force which is used to bring relevant value to that record from another record automatically.
- When I want to export data into SF from Apex Data Loader, which Option should be enable in Profile?
- What is a web – lead?
Capturing a lead from a website and routing it into lead object in Sales Force is called wed-lead (web to lead).
- What are the Types of Account and difference between them?
We have two types of accounts.
In personal accounts, person’s name will be taken as primary considerations where as in business accounts, there will be no person name, but company name will be taken into consideration.
- What is a Wrapper Class in S.F?
A wrapper class is a class whose instances are collections of other objects.
- What are formula and Rollup Summary fields and Difference between them? When should Rollup- Summary field enable?
Formula: A read-only field that derives its value from a formula expression that we define. The formula field is updated when any of the source fields change.
Rollup Summary: A read-only field that displays the sum, minimum, or maximum value of a field in a related list or the record count of all records listed in a related list.
- What is a Sandbox? What are all the Types of sandboxex?
Sandbox is the exact replica of the production.
- What is the difference between custom controller and extension?Custom Controller:A custom controller is an Apex class that implements all of the logic for a page without leveraging a standard controller. Use custom controllers when you want your Visualforce page to run entirely in system mode, which does not enforce the permissions and field-level security of the current user.
Controller extension: A controller extension is an Apex class that extends the functionality of a standard or custom controller.
Although custom controllers and controller extension classes execute in system mode and thereby ignore user permissions and field-level security, you can choose whether they respect a user’s organization-wide defaults, role hierarchy, and sharing rules by using the with sharing keywords in the class definition.
12. What are different kinds of reports?
1. Tabular: Tabular reports are the simplest and fastest way to look at data. Similar to a spreadsheet, they consist simply of an ordered set of fields in columns, with each matching record listed in a row. Tabular reports are best for creating lists of records or a list with a single grand total. They can’t be used to create groups of data or charts, and can’t be used in dashboards unless rows are limited. Examples include contact mailing lists and activity reports.
2. Summary: Summary reports are similar to tabular reports, but also allow users to group rows of data, view subtotals, and create charts. They can be used as the source report for dashboard components. Use this type for a report to show subtotals based on the value of a particular field or when you want to create a hierarchical list, such as all opportunities for your team, subtotaled by Stage and Owner. Summary reports with no groupings show as tabular reports on the report run page.
3. Matrix: Matrix reports are similar to summary reports but allow you to group and summarize data by both rows and columns. They can be used as the source report for dashboard components. Use this type for comparing related totals, especially if you have large amounts of data to summarize and you need to compare values in several different fields, or you want to look at data by date and by product, person, or geography. Matrix reports without at least one row and one column grouping show as summary reports on the report run page.
4. Joined: Joined reports let you create multiple report blocks that provide different views of your data. Each block acts like a “sub-report,” with its own fields, columns, sorting, and filtering. A joined report can even contain data from different report types.
- What are different kinds of dashboard component?Chart: Use a chart when you want to show data graphically.
Gauge: Use a gauge when you have a single value that you want to show within a range of custom values.
Metric: Use a metric when you have one key value to display.
- Enter metric labels directly on components by clicking the empty text field next to the grand total.
- Metric components placed directly above and below each other in a dashboard column are displayed together as a single component.
Table: Use a table to show a set of report data in column form.
Visualforce Page: Use a Visualforce page when you want to create a custom component or show information not available in another component type
Custom S-Control: Custom S-Controls can contain any type of content that you can display or run in a browser, for example, a Java applet, an ActiveX control, an Excel file, or a custom HTML Web form.
14. How to schedule a class in Apex?
To invoke Apex classes to run at specific times, first implement the Schedulable interface for the class, then specify the schedule using either the Schedule Apex page in the Salesforce user interface, or the System.schedule method.
After you implement a class with the Schedulable interface, use the System.Schedule method to execute it. The scheduler runs as system: all classes are executed, whether the user has permission to execute the class or not.
The System.Schedule method takes three arguments: a name for the job, an expression used to represent the time and date the job is scheduled to run, and the name of the class.
Salesforce only adds the process to the queue at the scheduled time. Actual execution may be delayed based on service availability. The System.Schedule method uses the user’s time zone for the basis of all schedules. You can only have 25 classes scheduled at one time.
15. What is PermissionSet?
PermissionSet represents a set of permissions that’s used to grant additional access to one or more users without changing their profile or reassigning profiles. You can use permission sets to grant access, but not to deny access.
Every PermissionSet is associated with a user license. You can only assign permission sets to users who have the same user license that’s associated with the permission set. If you want to assign similar permissions to users with different licenses, create multiple permission sets with the same permissions, but with different licenses.
16. What are governor limits in Salesforc.com?
Governor limits are runtime limits enforced by the Apex runtime engine. Because Apex runs in a shared, multitenant environment, the Apex runtime engine strictly enforces a number of limits to ensure that code does not monopolize shared resources. Types of limits that Apex enforces are resources like memory, database resources, number of script statements to avoid infinite loops, and number of records being processed. If code exceeds a limit, the associated governor issues a runtime exception that cannot be handled thereby terminating the request.
17. What are custom settings?
Custom settings are similar to custom objects and enable application developers to create custom sets of data, as well as create and associate custom data for an organization, profile, or specific user. All custom settings data is exposed in the application cache, which enables efficient access without the cost of repeated queries to the database. This data can then be used by formula fields, validation rules, Apex, and the SOAP API.
There are two types of custom settings:
List Custom Settings
A type of custom setting that provides a reusable set of static data that can be accessed across your organization. If you use a particular set of data frequently within your application, putting that data in a list custom setting streamlines access to it. Data in list settings does not vary with profile or user, but is available organization-wide. Because the data is cached, access is low-cost and efficient: you don’t have to use SOQL queries that count against your governor limits.
Hierarchy Custom Settings
A type of custom setting that uses a built-in hierarchical logic that lets you “personalize” settings for specific profiles or users. The hierarchy logic checks the organization, profile, and user settings for the current user and returns the most specific, or “lowest,” value. In the hierarchy, settings for an organization are overridden by profile settings, which, in turn, are overridden by user settings.
18. What are different portals in Salesforce.com?
A partner portal allows partner users to log in to Salesforce.com through a separate website than non-partner users. Partner users can only view & edit data that has been made available to them. An organization can have multiple partner portals.
Customer Portal provides an online support channel for customers allowing them to resolve their inquiries without contacting a customer service representative. An organization can have multiple customer portals.
19. What is the use of Salesforce.com Sites?
Force.com Sites enables you to create public websites and applications that are directly integrated with your Salesforce organization without requiring users to log in with a username and password. You can publicly expose any information stored in your organization through a branded URL of your choice. Sites are hosted on Force.com servers and built on native Visualforce pages. You can user authentication to a public site using customer portal.
20. What actions can be performed using Workflows?
Email alerts are workflow and approval actions that are generated using an email template by a workflow rule or approval process and sent to designated recipients, either Salesforce users or others. Workflow alerts can be sent to any user or contact, as long as they have a valid email address.
Field updates are workflow and approval actions that specify the field you want updated and the new value for it. Depending on the type of field, you can choose to apply a specific value, make the value blank, or calculate a value based on a formula you create.
Assigns a task to a user you specify. You can specify the Subject, Status, Priority, and Due Dateof the task. Tasks are workflow and approval actions that are triggered by workflow rules or approval processes.
An outbound message is a workflow, approval, or milestone action that sends the information you specify to an endpoint you designate, such as an external service. An outbound message sends the data in the specified fields in the form of a SOAP message to the endpoint.
- Workflow rules can perform which of the following actions using standard Salesforce.com functionality?A. Update a Field
B. Send an Outbound Message
C. Send an Email
D. Create a Task
22. The Organization ID (Org ID) of a sandbox environment is the same as its production environment.
23. Jim is a Salesforce.com system administrator for Universal Products Inc (UPI). UPI currently uses org-wide public read/write for accounts. The sales department is concerned with sales reps being able to see each other’s account data, and would like sales reps to only be able to view their own accounts. Sales managers should be able to view and edit all accounts owned by sales reps. The marketing department at UPI must be able to view all sales representative’s accounts at UPI. What steps must be configured in order to meet these requirements?
A. Change Org-Wide Security for Accounts to Private
B. Add Sharing Rule to Provide Read Access to Marketing for Sales Representative’s Accounts
C. Configure Roles:
-Marketing (Subordinate of Executive)
-Sales Management (Subordinate of Executive)
–Sales Representatives (Subordinate of Sales Management)
24. The Data Loader can be used with Group Edition.
25. What type of object relationship best describes the relationship between Campaigns and Leads (using standard Salesforce functionality)?
Many to Many
26. Which of the following are not valid Salesforce license types?
A. Service Cloud
B. Platform (Force.com)
C. Customer Portal
- Gold Edition
E. Unlimited Edition
F. Platinum Portal
- Which of the following are either current or future planned offerings by Salesforce.com or its subsidiaries?A. Touch
B. Flow / Visual Process Manager
D. Sites / Siteforce
28. Bob is a Salesforce.com consultant and is responsible for the data migration of an implmentation for his client, Universal Systems Inc (USI).
USI wants to migrate contacts and accounts from their legacy CRM system, which has a similar data model (many contacts per one account; primary keys exist on contact and account).
USI has provided Bob an export in CSV format of contacts and accounts of their legacy CRM system. What method should Bob use to migrate the data from the legacy system into Salesforce?
A. An ETL or similar data migration tool must be used
B. Create an external ID for account and use the data loader to upsert the data with relationships intact
C. Insert accounts into Salesforce and use Excel vlookup to match the legacy ID to the Salesforce ID in order to insert associated contacts
29. Universal Products Inc (UPI) wants to perform a drip marketing campaign on leads generated through website submissions. What is the ideal method to execute this type of campaign?
A. Use Salesforce campaign management and series of workflow rules
B. Integrate Salesforce with a 3rd party vendor to perform marketing automation
C. Export the data from Salesforce and manually send via 3rd party tool
30. Which of the following are not valid ways to migrate metadata?
A. Data Loader
B. Change Sets
C. Force.com IDE
D. ANT Migration Toolkit